With The Sims 4 City Living expansion pack about to be released next week, EA released a patch earlier today with lots of fixes and couple of new things! Hottest new thing is the Lot Traits!
If you have already ordered the City Living expansion pack, you will notice that the new world (San Myshuno) has been added - but it's not really installed yet.
Anyways, whether you already own the City Living or not, and whether you are planning to buy it or not, today's patch added the Lot Traits feature in the game-play. Lot traits though are not automatically assigned to your existing lots.
Lot Traits: What to do
- Once you enter any of your existing lots for the first time, you will notice that the Build Mode button is flashing.
- Enter the Build Mode. A new bar is now available at the top-left side of your screen.
- Click on it to extend it.
- If it is a residential lot, you will see something like the below screenshot. Lot value and dimensions are auto filled but you can add the number of rooms and bathrooms / WCs and even change the name of the lot. What's more important you can now assign the desired traits!
- Pick the desired traits. You can then go back to Live Mode and start experiencing the ...vibes of your home's traits.
If you save your game and go back to Manage Worlds, you will notice that you can now see the lot's traits as you are about to re-enter your lot.
Further more, as soon as you enter the lot, you see once again the lot's traits flying into your screen.
Lot traits can be assigned both to residential and commercial lots. If it is a commercial lot though, the Requirements field will also be activated. There you can see what are the minimum requirements for building a specific kind of lot.
- If something is missing, there is an orange exclamation mark.
- If all requirements are fulfilled, the exclamation mark is gone
Lot traits can be altered at any time. Last but not least, lot traits will be included to the lots uploaded to the Library!
Here below you can see a short description for each one of the eight lot traits. More traits were added with the City Living expansion pack: The Sims 4 City Living Lot Traits.
The homey vibe helps Sims quickly master the domestic arts of Cooking, Mixology, Handiness and Gardening.
A great online connection helps out those looking to improve their Programming, Video Gaming or Writing Skills.
The acoustics are perfect here! A great place for any musician to hone their skills.
The secluded vibe means there's little to distract great minds from the study of Logic or Rocket Science.
The spacious but intimate feel makes it easier to practice Charisma, Comedy and Mischief to your heart's content.
The quality of light here makes Paintings and Photography much easier to master.
Oodles of fresh air make for a bracing environment to exercise.
A home lot with this trait deters all but the most determined visitors (it has little effect on commercial venues).